Jessica's AgeLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Monday, June 25, 2007

Best Gotcha Day photo

What a day! I've been pretty much on the go since my last post. Jonathan woke up at about 12:30 AM with the same case of jet lag, which kept both of us up and exploring the China Hotel until breakfast at 5:30. That was followed by a flight to Nanchang, receiving our babies, and three appointments at three different Chinese government offices, interrupted by a monsoon that sent tile from our five star hotel crashing to the sidewalk below.

Jonathan finally fell asleep on the bus ride to our last appointment. Hopefully he's down for the night and won't do a repeat of last night.

I'm pretty wiped out myself. But I just wanted to report that we did receive Jessica today and that she is absolutely adorable.

At Gotcha Day, babies are typically very tired, having traveled a long time to get the the Civil Affairs office. They tend to do one of two things when they are placed in your arms for the first time -- cry or fall asleep. I suppose both can be considered valid coping mechanisms.

I can't quite decide which one of the two Jessica did. Here's a picture of her about 10 seconds after she met us for the first time.

7 comments:

Special K said...

She's beautiful! Congratulations!

Krista
USAA Group 123
LID 6-14-06

Anonymous said...

Congratulations. She is beautiful! Wow! It is very exciting. We are upholding you in prayer and in His power. Yeah God! -- Keith

peeeej said...

:) Webster's Dictionary MUST update their entry for the word "beaming" with this picture of Jessica and her beaming smile! Congratulations! God is great!

Patrick, Kristiann, and Keala

Anonymous said...

As the saying goes," a picture is worth a thousand words..."
You're both beauties. Congratulations to all.
God bless,
Barbara

Anonymous said...

That is such a great picture and it says everything possible that could be said...ecstatic is probably what I can come up with. I am so happy for you.

Congratulations

Uncle Dave

Anonymous said...

love that picture ... that is one HAPPY girl!

Jessica seems to be pretty happy too.

Anonymous said...

I think she is smiling! - Sally