Jessica's AgeLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Sunday, May 13, 2007

Remembering the mother I never met

Are you the mother I never knew,
Who wasn’t there when I smiled for you?
I know that law you suffered through,
When I was pink and you needed blue.

With children you must stop at one,
But in old age you'll need a son.
What choice to make? There’s really none.
The cost, the pain had just begun.

The ache that caused the tears you cried,
Reveal you want me at your side.
But with no son, who would provide?
And life for us was life denied.

Hope gone, love had its desperate say:
“With us, she can't! Out there, she may!”
And curse that sacrifice to pay,
That makes you grieve this Mothers Day.

Enslaved to your emotion's pain,
You toil through life amidst the strain,
While I must labor to explain,
Your daily loss for my chance at gain.

© Yue Mengjie, 2007. All rights reserved.

No comments: