Jessica's AgeLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Hello Again!

It's been so long since I posted anything here. At my last message, we had just arrived back in Guangzhou at the start of our second week. And that's the last some of you have heard from us. No, we did not get detained in China.

I just started getting victimized by a lack of sleep and some intestinal problems during the last few days in China. It must have been something I ate but it made for an interesting flight back.

Then, one by one, we gradually conquered the jet-lag battle. Jonathan conquered the jet-lag battle first on the strength of him being so excited to go back to daycare to see his friends again. In China, when asked if he was homesick, he would say, "I'm day-care sick".

Jessica is such a wonderfully pleasant baby girl. She smiles a lot, cries very little, and sleeps through the night quite regularly. Frequently, we will find her in the morning awake in her crib, just lying there without any fussing. Then she greets us with a big smile and a lot of excited kicking in anticipation of being picked up and carried.

Jonathan loves running up to Jessica and smothering her with kisses. He enjoys showing off his new sister and is a very loving and caring big brother.

In the month we've been back, Jessica has learned to roll over and to sit up. And she is making good progress in standing.

Donna has 6 months off of work and is enjoying her time off to bond with Jessica. However, the way Jessica is progressing, Donna had better start lacing up her track shoes because Jessica will be off and running before she realizes it.

I'm started back at work two days after we returned, which may be why I had the roughest battle against jet lag. Now, I find myself behind on a lot of tasks. Of course, I was behind on a lot of tasks before we left as well.

So, not everything has changed.


3 comments:

Jeff & Erika said...

what a great smile, it's so good to see her again. glad she is doing so well!

erika & jeff

Anonymous said...

Hi guys! She looks like she is doing great! Lily is off to the races. Started walking about 2 weeks ago, sleeps through most nights, off formula now, drinks about a quart of milk per day, I don't have time to even think about blogs, so my hat is off to you both!

Russ & Jana

The Gray Family said...

great to see you are back on board!!! Keep posting pictures.
anna